Wednesday, January 2, 2008

CAIR’s Ahmad Al-Akhras set to flee the country for Dubai

Ahmad ♥ Central Ohioans Against Terrorism. Infidel.

UPDATE #1 (1/3/08): More than two weeks after we reported it here, the Columbus Dispatch today gives their friend Ahmad a polish job and a send-off. Way to keep up, guys.

ORIGINAL POST: It’s official. As you heard it here first two weeks ago (after putting to bed the rampant rumors about his taking the open Ohio Civil Rights Commission position), CAIR national vice chairman and close advisor to Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman is set to follow the example of his friend, former Hilliard HAMAS cleric Salah Sultan, and flee the country for Dubai, UAE (Sultan fled to Bahrain). Be sure to revisit all of our past coverage of Al-Akhras’ antics.

We will miss you dearly, Ahmad.

Here’s the announcement posted by Al-Akhras himself:

Posted by: “Ahmad Al-Akhras” alakhras10
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:16 pm (PST)
Re: Thank you and salam to you all

Dear Brothers and Sisters, my friends — Assalamu Alaikum

I pray that you receive this message in the best of health and spirits. . .

I want to share with you that I accepted an international assignment in Dubai. After a long and thorough thinking and consultation, I decided that it is an opportunity that will allow me to share my expertise in the areas of transportation planning and traffic engineering. It is a very challenging prospect but I thought I can positively contribute so I took it.

Columbus will continue to be my home. I very much enjoyed working with many of you my dear brothers and sisters. It has been a great and rewarding experience. I hope that you continue supporting your great organizations in town.

I will be leaving soon. I will continue, however, to communicate with you during my, hopefully, short assignment abroad. Salam and keep me and my family in your dua’a. I hope you can come and be at the Open House — see below.

Jazakumullahu Khairan and take care..

Ahmad
=============
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Time: 5–7 pm

Farewell Open House for Ahmad Al-Akhras

Please join us in congratulating Ahmad in his new position in Dubai UAE. You are invited to afarewell open house in our main conference room

Please RSVP to:
Deb Crosby at 614-233-4145
Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission
111 Liberty Street, Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 228-2663
Fax: (614) 228-1904
Don’t forget to RSVP!

Everyone at Central Ohioans Against Terrorism wishes you a fond farewell, Ahmad!

Bon voyage! Via con Dios, me amigo!